RE: The Glorantha Digest V7 #345

From: Robert Stancliff <stancliff_at_ccgnv.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 11:24:02 -0500

Drew Craft:
> Great idea, but as Star Trek ritual magic requires the death of all crew
> members wearing red, it's going to be a short campaign. Drew

        Naw... you only have to kill one or two per adventure... dog soldiers are cheap, kill all you need... they even come in this convienient 100 pack, and the centurian can be a repeat character, at least until he is the last one.

>Gian wrote: I wonder where the vengeance stops

        Hmm, generally it stops when you kill them (at last they're dead), the cost get's too high (we just can't kill them), or the grieving starts to end (the scum have left, but if they return, we'll make them pay). Only the rich or fixated will have someone tracked down.

        If the fight was fair, war and death cults might be more likely to accept compensation and atonement, since they already accept the inevitability of death (obvious exception: Zorak Zoran). If it was cold blooded murder, then they are outlawed and anyone who wants a shot at them can try. This makes for a lot of combat episodes as they are ambushed by steadily larger forces every three or four episodes.
Stancliff