Soul Sight and Abortion

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 18:30:38 +0000

Several people have replied to a point of mine in terms similar to this:

>> Meself I'd say that it isn't necessarily a matter of theological debate,
>> given the availability of Soul Sight and similar effects.
>
>Thereby only making it a matter of debate between people with different
>'versions' of the Feat, i.e., potentially the distance of a well-chucked
>rock...

Well, yes but...

If your culture believes it has a reliable test for the existence of a soul it will use it. (In KoDP I always try to perform a divination and follow the result if it's clear. The Ancestors/The Gods/Whoever may be wrong but that's no reason not follow their advice.)

And anyway why do people assume

  1. that different cultures tests will give different results?
  2. that there isn't some actual reality that the various rituals are tapping into?

Both seem to me unlikely.....
- --
Michael Cule

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #361