Runes, etc.

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 08:09:28 -0000

___
Zeb wrote:

> Michael O'brien: Summary

Assuming that's a typo for "Summery" (reflecting both MOB's disposition *and* his first authoring credit), his Runes are surely Light, Truth and (possibly) Pamalt -- the latter to represent his origins Down Under.

I'm rather peeved not to have a Moon Rune, but guess Zeb may have missed my website, and/or much of my posting history.

> How Thella and Waking Magician idea gregged?

Through indolence, as a rule.

> MOBing (Michael O'brien is?)

Being "mobbed" is what happens to popular musical combo's when they are swarmed by avid prepubescent fans. Being MOBbed, on the other hand, is extremely rare, as MOB is a true gentleman and doesn't usually fuck around with generally accepted Glorantha in his works.

> Munchkin (Wizard of Oz?)

A "munchkin" is a small, happy and rather dim person from the Wizard of Oz. In the general role-playing parlance (not just Gloranthan), they tend to be underage powergamers who don't "get it". Major reference by Sandy Petersen and others at:

        http://www.rpghost.com/archive/netbooks/various/munchkin.htm Also a recently published handbook by Steve Jackson Games.

> Onslaught (Matine Laurie what are you doing?)

An "onslaught" is a sort of rushing attack. "Onslaught", OTOH, is a complete arse.

Mike Cule wrote:

> A long time ago (just after the last Convulsion in fact) we came up with
> the theory that Issaries doesn't have the Trade/Issaries Rune twice
> because he traded the extra one to Argan Argar. Has anyone since written
> up the legend of this? My memory is unclear.

It was a throwaway line from me, explaining why Issaries doesn't have the doubled rune ("he sold his spare one to Argan Argar"). It's a joke, IMO, as the Trade/Communication/Issaries rune isn't important enough to have an assigned "original owner". Please feel welcome to write up the story; I look forward to hearing it at the *next* Convulsion.

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick