draconic stuff again

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 03:15:57 +0800

Terra
>Eastern mysticism involves Draconism and Pelorian Illumination Idea.

        I think that would be better stated as
Eastern Draconism involves Mysticism
Pelorian Illumination involves Mysticism

(ideas similar to Pelorian Illumination are part of the ancestry of Eastern Draconism (I'm thinking of Metsylism here, you cognoscenti), but a small part)
Pelorian Illumination could be seen as watered down misunderstood mysticism for theist consumption.

>(and Teshnos, Ignorance, East of Pent) Silence, Secret, Being, Experience,
>Thought, Spirit
>Why? Draconism is only mainstream in Kralorela, isn't it?

        Cultural dominance by the giant Kralorelan Empire? I think its a Kralorelan thing - if it gets used elsewhere, its because they picked it up from the Kralorelans.

>I think Godunya isn't Inhuman King for me sense of fun, because Chinese
>culture and Confucianism much admired simple Humanity.

        Darudism isn't Confucianism, not by a long shot, though it may sometimes superficially look like it. Darudism has more in common, at a deep philosophical level, with Taoism - which is part was a reaction against Confucianism.

>I think Gloranthan dragon emperor has some prohibition to sex
>like Dragonewt immaturity, but we know only after NDR oppression

        Actually, I think that while draconism often involves strange attitudes to sex, I think that Godunya is not anti-sex in general. Perhaps if there are eunuchs it is to deliberately cut them off from dragon power, so they are forced to be content as functionaries and not reach for the exarchs place?

	Cheers
		David