Dragonewt Cities

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 22:54:15 +0000

>Which leaves me the problem of working out what happens when they get
>there. Can anyone point me to some more concrete information as to what
>such a place is like? Preferably on-line, since none of the printed
>material I have appears much help.

IIRC there's a description in ELDER SECRETS of a group of idiot adventurers (but I repeat myself) who wander into a dragonewt city looking for a lost cow.

Two lines of advice:

  1. Dragonewts don't want to get 'involved' in the world. They want to detach themselves in much the same sense as a Buddhist does from the world of wanting and causing. Any interaction with humans is liable to bugger up their karma.
  2. Their powers, their actions, their motivations don't make sense in human terms. Not to any human culture. So emphasise weirdness and deadliness. Do strange things to them and scare them out of their wits. Read a lot of OVER THE EDGE if you can.
    • -- Michael Cule