many sects / souls

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:11:25 +0900

Please tolerate my apologize for my including GD answer to you, Gian.

IMHO, Glorantha seems ignoring or distorting one of Greatest Religion like Buddhism or Islam: GS likes Southern Indiana source more than that of Chinese or Muslim: My intention here is not criticizing his work.

Gian:
>This is not comprehensible to me.

There are many sect of Buddhism:
 this main factor is Shakyamuni don't left any scripture as Socrates and Christ:
IMO, They hated idea of Scripture as Celtic Druid. And social structure needs many creed adopted to each castes and works : soldiers need warlike cult, and farmers need fertile cult, etc...

One of these many Buddhism is Zen Sect: Bodhidharma founded, this sect laughs at any other sect Enlightenments as other sects: So to speak, they admire "void of void" (this my portrait run extreme) and their strict and austere creed suited to Eastern Asian. (like Song Dynasty of chinese Confucian and Japanese Samurais loving "simplified beauty")

Gian:
>To this I do not agree. The choice between solitude and companionship is
>free, in most cases. Even choosing spiritual or mental solitude, not just a
>physical one, is an individual responsibility. Christians refuse solitude
>because it's not a pleasant nor right human condition. Christians preach
>communion and community (not comunism). The greek word for Church,
>"Ecclesia", means "community".

I think you are overly bent to writing New Testament and Primitive Church Teaching,
but I think many folklores, aspects, and apocrypha like Nicodemo (Christ breaks Hell Gate and beats Demonlord) exist in "Christian Religion". I think most warlike religion of RW is Christianism, as Current history indicated.

>My ancestors said: beata solitudo, sola beatitudo.
>But they were a pessimistic culture and I do not share their ideas.

I think Essenes are pessimistic: and they are original Christians.

Hughes, John (NAT):
>MULTIPLE SOUL

>Alex:

>> It's already well-documented that different Gloranthan cultures have
>> different beliefs about the nature of the 'soul', in any case. Why
>> is it terribly controversial to imagine that these 'different souls'
>> may come into being, or manifest, or whatever it is they're doing with
>> respect to a foetus or infant, at different times?

>I realise this is at a tangent to the original discussion. However...
>Exactly! Western civilisation has been burdened by unthinking Neoplatonist,
>Cartesian and vitalist rubbish for far too long. It's bad enough that the
RQ
>rules preserved an unthinking body/spirit dichotomy, without us letting it
>percolate unexamined into Glorantha's multiple cultures, spiritualities,
and
>ways of being.

in RW, Egytian believed IIRC 5 souls (Ba, Ka, others) and make large lump and ship:
and Chinese Taoists believes 3 noble souls and 6 noble souls: only modern People believe sole soul (as Brithini)