Re: Fate of Sky/Mandate of Heaven

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_dynamite.com.au>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 10:34:52 +1000

> From: Tadaaki Kakegawa <yelmalio_at_za2.so-net.ne.jp>

> BTW, I feel gloranthan east lacks one important belief of RW east
> (mostly china, but I believe Korean and Japanese have such concept)--
> the Fate. No one (even emperors) resist the power of the Fate of Sky.
> Dynasties fell and rose because of that power (so believed).
>
> Or Were there such concept in the east of Glorantha?

"Fate of Sky" is usually translated as "Mandate of Heaven" in English. May I congratulate you, you seem to have English Skill at 75% or so <g>

If the Mandate of Heaven is withdrawn, then the ruler has no right to rule. With the Mandate of Heaven, none can oppose the ruler. Without it, none can save him.
- --

              http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
aebrain_at_dynamite.com.au     <> <>    How doth the little Crocodile
 abrain_at_cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo     oo