YT and Lunar expansionism

From: Theo Posselt <tposselt_at_dttus.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2000 14:17:04 -0600

     Thanks to all for the discussion on the two subjects I put forward a
     while ago.  Unfortunately I don't read often enough to have been an
     active participant in the following discussions, but it was
     instructive in hindsight nonetheless.

     On the subject of YT, it essentially all makes sense.  No questions.

     On the subject of the creeping Red stain...

     First, I stand corrected on a couple of points of history.

     On to other points:

     Me >> If so, what would the mytho-religious effect of [Red Goddess
     conquest of Orlanth] be?

     Peter Metcalfe > We could debate what the effects would be until the
     cows come home but it isn't going to happen, alas.

     Pity.  I assume that this is well-debated, then.  Are there any
     sources I should look at?

     On a brief aside, I assume that 'when the cows come home' has some
     mythic basic in Glorantha...

     Wesley Quadros (and others):

     2) Access to a port on the Homeward Ocean, Nochet for example

     Ah, of course.  The Soviet Onion analogy.

     Nick Brooke: << Horse lords were chased out of Peloria to Pent,
     representing a Pelorian invasion of Pent>>

     That is a better way to look at it.

     More in a second...

     Regards,
     Theo