Re: Ana and accs (HW List)

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_cgi.ca>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:45:25 -0500

(snip!)

> I'd like to be able to say - there's a great and active mailing list
> on the 'Net where you can ask any further questions but I don't
> think the Digest is that place. The discussions of (picking topics
> at random) Kralorelan mysticism and Darudan Draconism are
> unlikely to appeal to the wargamer looking for an interesting
> setting for the odd fantasy battle. To be fair to the Digest it's
> really not meant to be that and neither would a post-publication
> Hero Wars list be.
>
> Perhaps what is needed is an "Lhankor Mhy Apprentices'" list
> for newby questions. The problem then arises that it might be
> underpopulated by folks who would know the answers - or are
> people who are dedicated enough to send 100 dollars to GTA
> also dedicated enough to put up with repeated "Who's this
> Argrath?" questions in order to promote Glorantha?
>
> Richard Crawley

This is dead to rights what I am hoping to set up. Something newcommer friendly and with folks willing to put up with 'So, why IS the Moon Red and why do we hate goats?" And, those who want to learn things in greater depth can either a) come here and listen or b) go and check out the various websites that folks have up and running. And friendly experts willing to give concise, helpful answers to those sorts of questions (without starting flamewars there) would probably be a good thing to have, if such a thing were possible.

But I just realized I have posted this several times to the list. Sorry, I am unused to digest modes! My appolgies to those who have sat through my modest rantings in the hopes that this makes a certain amount of sense. I also hope that I am not stepping on any toes or corns in my comments and commentary.

Apprentice, indeed! I guess I'm one.

Sincerely,
Jeff Kyer