High RIsk action

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 16:44:34 EST

In a message dated 2/16/00 4:28:57AM, you write:

<< It seems to me that the

      size of the bid, comparative to the remaining action points, should
      affect the chance of success.  This would represent situations such as
      making an all-out lunge for an opponent in combat, showing up naked in
      the apartment in seduction, etc, are less likely to succeed than, for
      example, precisely jabbing at your opponent in combat or sending a
      single rose in seduction.  But that's just my opinion. >>

It's not the size that counts but what you do with it. If the action is high risk and low success chance then the narrator can apply a mod. to the target number (I think). Remember that a high risk maneuver is more likely to get you in trouble (if you fail) than a low risk bid - almost by definition.

Should this discussion be on the Hero Wars list?

Keith N