Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #397

From: aelarsen_at_facstaff.wisc.edu
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 08:15:10 -0600

>From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
>Subject: Re: Unrelated questions
>
>In a message dated 2/15/00 10:17:48PM, you write:
>
><< 1) If Issaries traded away one of his Trade/Communication runes to
> Argan Argar, what did he get in return?>>
>
>He needed someone else with a Communication Rune to talk to; a bit like the
>person with the first telephone.

        Ah! That makes great sense. So he traded away the Trade rune for the ability to Trade. It wasn't just Argan Argar that was affected. Rather trading with AA allowed him to trade with anyone. It had a larger mythic meaning. That works. But what did Argan Argar actually give him in return? He must have given up something, or it wouldn't be a trade. Perhaps he gave up the trollish tendency to be hostile to non-trolls.

><< 2) Thanatar's hatred of Lhankor Mhy stems from a battle in which
> Lhankor Mhy advised another god on how to defeat Tien's vastly superior
> army. Which god did LM advise?>>
>
>I don't know but would put my money on some sort of Ignorance deity; black
>sun or someone like that.

        But why would LM help an ignorance diety? Wouldn't they been his enemies? And were there ignorance dieties before the death of the Goddess of the Light of Reason? Wasn't her death the thing which created ignorance?

Andrew E. Larsen