Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #397

From: chris ward <chrisward_at_ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 08:15:15 +0100

Hi All,

If I'd posted this last month it may still have been largely irrelevant but at least it would've been topical....

Now that "Subuteo" the table top "soccer" (hitherto referred to as "fitba") game has sadly topped it's last table...It seems that the company failed to keep it new and exiting with vibrant ideas. Personally I blame chaosium, as (admittedly with retrospect) the joint project "Trollballeo" could well have been the game that kept everyone in the money.

Whilst I'm on trollball and fitba...The same rules often cause controversy in both games. I remember one particular game bewteen the Sadrorf Wacklers &Tacklers and Dagori Knee 'Em and Knut 'Em. The DKEKE inside forward, a nippy ladd going by the name of "nippy-ladd", had ran most of the pitch and crossed the trollball into the middle to the "big no. 9". In the ensuing melee the big no. 9 (a truely huge great Troll) triumphantly forced the troll-ball over the scoreline.

Well the home crowd were going ballistic and the DKEKE doing their victory Hakkas, when it slowly dawned on the DKEKE players that the SWT were trying not to laugh whilst Xig-Xag their winger was near p**sing himself. The nearest giant referee, arms-a-folded, was shaking his head".

"NO SCORE" boomed the ref. "DA WHOLE TROLL-BALL MUST CROSS DA LINE".

Well shortly afterwards the game (and terracing) ascended into an all out riot. I blame Xig-Xag for laughing just too much when he pulled the trollkins arm out from behing his back "New, balls please" he said. Truely the oldest trick in the book.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #398