Re: A few questions

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 23:36:15 GMT

Douglas Seay:
> I'm interested in starting a Glorantha campaign in Sartar as that is my
> old RQ2/3 stopping grounds. But much has changed since the mid-80s.

At the risk of coming over all 'staunch' again (ooo-err, missus), to be fair Greg actually published remarkably little about Sartar in them days, and really has contradicted only a small amount of _that_. OK, granted, there were lots of 'Cool Ambiguous references' which if you were tempted to flesh out, you were almost _bound_ to be Gregged, but what's to be done...

> avoid contradicting any published materials about Clans/Tribes in
> Sartar, I'd like to know where to look for the "definitive" (ie- Greg's
> current) map of Sartar. Or does it really matter all that much?

Tales #6 had the best map of which tribes were where; for clan locations, you'll have to hunt around: see my post to the Digest many moons ago for the location of the Colymar's (try an archive site, or I'll repost if you all fawn enough for me to do so <g>); Tentacles book 2 has some crypto-official maps of the Culbrea and surrounding area; but on this level of detail, for the most part one is living on scraps (or lots of equally cool official stuff, for example!). The Lismelder materials mention clans, but I forget if there's a map of clan tulas anywhere. (Certainly there are maps of the Greydog area.)

I hope there's a really good, reasonably detailed map of Sartar in one or other of the upcoming books, but I don't know the straight dope on this.

> Also, as someone just getting into this whole concept of HQing, what are
> some good initation HQs? Will this be covered in the HW Deluxe Box, or
> will I have to wait for Startide^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HSartar Rising and
> Thunder Rebels to get some good examples?

I imagine you'll have to wait until the second-mentioned, at least. I'm as dismayed as the next man at the apparent delay in the Orlanthi player's book, but I suspect that's where you'll find most of that sort of information, when it finally sees light of day.

Cheers,
Alex.