Mercury

From: Gian Gero <giangero_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 10:16:59 GMT

>From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com>
>Subject: Mrs Eel's toys
> > Though I like the thought of Godlearner sextoys.
>When I ran the scenario I had the players find a couple of
>small soft bags, completely enclosed and made of very fine
>leather, containing a heavy liquid (actually mercury).
>There were a lot of guesses as to what they were for, but nobody
>got it right.

When I ran the scenario, I didn't define the players finding, but I like this suggestion.
Just a trifle: I rem that mercury is well known to Gloranthan, at least those who meddle-up with watery gods (such as Zola Fel); quicksilver is a liquid metal (the blood of water gods shed during the godswar) that when enchanted becomes aluminum (this is not very plausible, but Gloranthan physics...) and so is the preferred armor metal of water dwellers. I am not sure, but in the following scenario, the 5 Eyes Temple (my favourite in the book), someone (Quicktail the Shaman?) had some aluminum or quicksilver or mercury. I suppose that he (a foe, in that scenario) or anyone of his henchfrogs would have tried hard to conquer these "soft bags full of mercury" and since the ducks were allied to the Newtklings, they should soon know...
Ciao
Gian