Elf Heroquests

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 23:55:40 +1300

Sergi Diaz:

Me>> Fight to preserve the forest in the Winter.

>I like it. He is a Green Elf, so it would be realistic. And I could
>imagine a HQ for defending the forest against Chaos (Great Darkness),
>Dwarves (???), Trolls (???).

Any of the above. In the Elf Rejuvenation Scenario in Elder Secrets, the Tree was attacked by trolls, dwarves, ogres and broos on sucessive years.

>> Slay Mostal with an Axe of Iron.

>I didn't know this myth, where does it come from?
>An elf using Iron?? I didn't hear about it.

Oops. I misremembered slightly. The Axe was Death, not Iron (but from the Mostali PoV, they are the same thing).

	"High King Elf bore Death to the heart of the world, the
	Spike and there shattered the central shaft of the world
	machine.  There died Stone and the Three Elders of the
	Mostali"
		Elder Secrets p6

>> Any one of Errinoru's quests.

>Yes but, will this HQ be available to Genertelan elves? at least I
>supose they aren't known very much...

Errinoru did sail around the world and reach Winterwood at one stage for the elves there remembered how to make his special boats after Dormal opened the Oceans there (and the Yggites improved this design into Longboats according to ToTRM#10). Admittedly his later quests would not be known so well, but who knows...