Umathi

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 16:17:22 +1300

D. Stephen Pierce:

>I have been searching, with spectacularly little result, for material on
>an Umathi cult. Yes, I know Umath is dead. But since, in our campaign,
>my character received a DI from Umath, it is now my obligation to
>re-form an Umathi cult. I have seen mentions of Umath shamans, and a
>High Umath Cult in the archives. Anyone know of resources for a full
>cult?

Breath Shamans of Umath are best called Kolati these days. The High Umath cult is Tarumath, whose best known worshipper was Lokaymadon. This is not a Heortling cult as like Lokayamadon, it comes from Talastar. It's essentially a mystical storm cult and will be despised by the Heortlings because its worshippers are associated with Nysalor.

For an analogy of what this cult and its magics could be like, the High Sun cult in Lokayamadon's day was Daysenervus which is now known as Yelmalio (cf the current Q&A) at www.glorantha.com.