Hero Wars rule clarification

From: Paul Aebersold <paul_at_unsw.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 15:31:00 +1100 (EST)

Hello,

        This is a bit off topic but I couldn't think of a better place to ask it. I have read the Hero Wars rules summary on the Glorantha web site and have some questions about it. While the rules look quite good and will achieve the desired heroic stature of play intended the cut down version doesn't make much sense. So if someone could clarify the below points I would appreciate it.

For the combat questions below I am assuming that combat is an Extended Contest.

If the answer is 2 times the APs they bid, then why bid more than 1 AP? That way the most you can lose is 3 AP (ie if you fumble and your opponent crits). Or is there some other benefit of bidding a large number of APs?

Thats all. Please don't take these questions to mean I don't like the Hero Wars system. It's just the online version of the rules doesn't make sense and is missing whole slabs of essential information. Thanks for your help.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #459