KoDP question

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_wulf.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 15:44:23 +0100

Hi all
I have a question about one of the events which happened to me playing King of Dragon Pass. I can't remember the exact details, and, of course, it never happened again...
Sometime, some group (Vingans?) approached the Clan Ring asking guidance on whether the use of Swords in combat instead of Spears would lessen the effectiveness of the Sword as a ceremonial item. Now, that suggested to me that the Clan (or at least that group of them within the Clan) didn't use Sword AT ALL - but I thought Sword was the Orlanthi weapon? Can anyone clear this up?
1) Who were they, and what were the details of that event?
2) Why didn't they use Sword?
3) Is this a past event from the time of KoDP (not too long ago from
HW time...) and PCs can all now use Sword, or should HW PCs also be using Spear if they're of that group (or worrying about it)?

Wulf