Rathori Longbows

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 03:14:53 EDT

In a message dated 4/8/00 4:04:59AM, you write:

<< Anyway, I still don't think it's worth it to raid the Char Un. >>

The Aldryami do have a motive for raiding - retaliation for the Skyburn, and possibly revisiting some Sacred Stumps.

FWIW, IMG during the Blood Kings War I had Rathori Longbowmen mercenaries, along with inreliable Brolians, treacherous Sweet Sea Confederates and even a troll Death Lord from Yolp (actually a descendent of Asaca the Black!)

On the Rathori, I find them (a depicted in the Genertelan Player's Book) peculiar for a number of reasons; they have Kite Shields and Longbows as cultural weapons, a lot of them (27%!) are herders (of what I do not know, especially as they must not 'bind beasts to work as a slave')?? I also think it is odd that they have full time entertainers. On the face of it they are rather high tech hsunchen.

On Longbows, a weapon only they and dragonewts use (AFAIK), I don't see a why elves would have shown the Rathori how to use a weapon that they themselves did not use. I can see them helping to supply good wood but think that it must be a Rathori cultural thing, that originated from the Rathori.

Keith N