Conversation with Greg

From: Svechin_at_cs.com
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 19:46:50 EDT

Well I chatted with Greg this afternoon about the RE debate.

He said he will write an essay on this but for me to send him some questions that will help define it. I therefore open that up to the digest and say send me your questions, I will compile them then send them on to Greg.

A couple of points were made in the conversation though.

Greg is in favour of serious ambiguity regarding the way the Emperor works because the Emperor dies in the early early HW period and doesn't come back. Instead the Empire has to find its own way without the full unifying force of the RE while under threat from all directions.

Greg also said that the more total the Emperors power and more wide his strength, then all the better the impact will be when he dissapears.

He said there are groups who believe they can place an Emperor on the throne through one of their number taking the mantle AND through finding the soul of the one true Emperor. Greg explicitly stated that neither is right nor are they wrong.

Greg also stated the the RE has more than one body when he choses too. He is a demigod and though not a powerful in his bilocation skills as Rufelza, he still has them. He can be in a couple of places at once and can live lives in different ways simultaneously.

That was about it, but he has promised an essay and I'll send him the questions. Get writing. Post the directly to me at Svechin_at_cs.com

Anyway, my pace of writing must decline as of now as I have a promise to Fabian to keep for a deadline which I must honour, so I won't be able to respond as I've been doing till next week or later.

Martin Laurie