Poisons

From: Andreas Mueller <mueller_at_faw.uni-ulm.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:28:03 +0200

Hi,

I had last night a major debate with my players about the prize of poisons. They wanted to get Agrestis (the Lunar Trickster in Melisandes Hand) out of the way by foisting(?) him an illegal poison and getting him arrested as assassin. The Death Dust in the Lanbril Cult write-up in Pavis costs 6000L for a POT 15 Dose for a Lanbril-cultist, a lethal POT 25 would cost 10.000L. My players were very upset about this and I agree that a dose of POT 15 poison for 20 swords or more than two horses or a 4-Point-Enchantment is a very bad deal. I had the impression, that poisons are not wanted in Glorantha.
Can anybody tell me more realistic prizes for poisons, are they banned, what are the fines for being caught with one and so on. I have the very good article "One man's meat", but there are also no prizes listed. Yesterday I ruled that they had no chance to get their hands on it, because I first want to make my mind up about this issue. The prize of poisons is reziprocal to their availability, and I don't want poisons to be used regularly (Otherwise I would have to let NPCs use them against the PCs too). A good balance and realistic prizes are thus vital to me.

Thanx for any help,

Andreas