Thumbquest

From: NEXTEL <ghoyle1_at_airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:12:58 -0500

I too have speculated upon the nature of a morokanth heroquest; if I can find my own writeup, I'll post it. Some current thoughts:
  1. Awaken the INT of several other herd beasts, forming a "ring" with an intelligent Bison, Impala, etc. Re-enact the Contest with them, using a Herd Man for the Humans. If the Herd Man wins, somebody was cheating.
  2. OK, so that's not very fair. Use a real Praxian tribesman, but convince him to let the awakened Herd Beasts pick the contests this time, since the Tw0-Legs got to decide them last time. Pick a skill that humans don't normally have.

The outcome might be a Morokanth Thumb, or a bison thumb, etc. It might also be a whole herd of intelligent four-legs for the victors, or being able to sire intelligent offspring on the members of their herd.

Guy