Re: Red Emperor: Missing in Action.

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 23:45:31 +0000

Michael Cule

> Martin has informed us that in the 'early-early' days of the
> Hero Wars, the Red Emperor dies - and doesn't come back.
> (When exactly, one wonders? At Boldhome? After?)

After. First, a certain temple won't be dedicated. This is not the immediate cause, but one of the triggers. Your PCs might get involved if they are sufficiently openminded.

> I wonder if this could be tied in with what happened to
> Pharaoh? (This isn't the silly Pharaoh = Red Emperor idea.
> This is another silly idea.)

Not that silly.

> It strikes me that we already know that the Lunar Heropaths
> have a connection to the Pharaoh's Rebirth Heropath since
> Jar-Eel managed to get there to wipe out Belintar.

This connection is fairly recent IMO, and required a lot of magical preparation and scouting.

> How about if that act buggered up the Red Emperor's path
> back to life in some subtle 'Hero Plane ecology' sort
> of way?

It certainly made the return of Godkings more hazardous by creating a precedent to stop their return.

> In other words, the Lunar Empire ultimately defeated itself.

That's its ultimate purpose.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #590