Death of an Emperor

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 20:24:13 +1200

Martin Laurie:

>MC>Martin has informed us that in the 'early-early' days of the Hero
> >Wars the Red Emperor dies - and doesn't come back. (When exactly,
> >one wonders? At Boldhome? After?)

>1628 I believe, after being eaten by the Heron Goddess after being
>persuaded to take part in the ritual, or is it after being sacrificed
>to Alanthore during a grain ritual? Can't remember.

Emperor Venerabilis was already devoured by the Heron Goddess and returned from it. As for being sacrificed to Alanthore, the corn rites usually involve a scapegoat who takes the part of evil Alanthore and is killed. I kinda think Argenteus was invited to participate and said "Why can't I play a bad guy for once, huh?".