Red Emperor

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:57:53 +1200

Martin Laurie:

>When the Red Emperor was created the Genesis was of a single being.

Yet Pelorians see all humans as having seven different parts (Mind, Body, Life, Fire, Shadow, Beast and Great Self), so is it too much to suggest that the Red Emperor changes a few of these parts around between incarnations or that he borrows some of those parts from someone else? We are even told that Magnificus differed from TakenEgi in five of those parts.

The only part that need remain constant is the Great Self and I do recall Greg putting out a game in which a Nephilim (sorry guys) possessing different people was actually one person (simulacra inclusive) seeking to discover itself.

>The body chosen was that of her warlord, Doskalos.

But the Emperor does not have Dozkalos's Body now.

>The LARP shows Moonson as being a noble who became Emperor after
>completing the rituals.

Really? I thought it was Moonson assuming the form of a noble who completed the rituals. Thus I could honestly stay above faction politics by saying "I support Moonson" (although running away immediately afterwards was sometimes necessary). I even had a vision of Moonson in his old form telling me to support a particular candidate - he was obviously drunk so it was really him! And the candidate won...

>Let us take a look at FS for clues as to the Emperors origin after
>each Mask is recognised and see why I want to clarify this:

You should realize that the FS presents a Dara Happan spin on things and is not the whole truth. I believe the Lunars would view things differently.

>4/51 Magnificus beats Sheng at Kitor but after near 11 years of
>abscence he was doubted to be the Red Emperor, especially as much
>of his army was Carmanian at first. They said he was the Son of
>the Moon but not the Red Emperor as "five of his parts were not
>the same" I think this is a symptom of his recreation with
>different Egi and rituals and the different Empire he came to
>rule.

Since the Emperor has Seven Parts, the two parts that are the same could easily be his Seventh (Rashoranic) Self and his Antirius self.

>For someone who appeared at a ritual in a small city (and had
>witnesses to the fact) [Artifex] seems pretty darn tough to be
>just a local lord making good.

Since Constantine appeared in York, Vesapian in Judea, Elagabalus in Syria, I don't see why he should have to be a "local lord".

>6/41. Celestinus "appeared abrupty in Ebon city, climbing out
>of the sacred cave when it was empty, between rites." Ebon city
>is out in the Imperial sticks on the other side of the Yolp
>mountains.

And Lyndon Johnson took his oath on office aboard an airplane flying from Dallas to Washington. The exact place in the sky where he took his oath is otherwise insignificant even to this day.

>There is no mention of past history,

Of course there wouldn't be. These are the Dara Happans writing who deny the Darjiinian theory that there are different Emperors. Would the Darjiinians believe that the Masks have a previous history, considering they deny that they are all the same?

>on the contrary, the actual fact of his appearance seems to have
>been taken by many to be the reason why he was worthy of support
>in the first place.

So you can in fact recognize the Red Emperor easily? It's strange that the Dara Happans could not do so for both Magnificus and Artifex. Artifex could only be accepted after he began rescuing souls from the Nights of Horrors.

>Nor do we see any serious wars of succession other than the
>Proxy war which was more about removing their power than an
>issue of succession.

Which contradicts your statement that "I think there is room for plenty of succession problems".