Re: Clarity

From: Andreas Mueller <mueller_at_faw.uni-ulm.de>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 14:21:08 +0200

Graham replied:
> On the other hand, cast in stone, it happens this way and can't happen any
> other way comments on how the red emperor reincarnates are (a) irrelevant
> to most games (b) get in the way when you have a different idea you want
> to try.

I'm thinking (a) and (b) is not true.
(a) I can't imagine something more central to a nation than the process to get a new ruler.
(b) Nothing ever published can get in your way, if you don't adapt it for your game.

I agree to MOBs post, that different strata of population would have different knowledge and thus different perceptions of the singularity of the RE. It would be perfectly all right to promote singularity to the masses and in reality they are entirely different people - the priests would only have a slightly harder job of explaining why the actions of the new incarnation are a proof for the RE singularity again. Don't misunderstand me: I'm not in favor of any concept presented (although MGF really sticks). But when a decision has been made, it makes no sense to present it ambigious to make all the other models also possible. Each GM can decide for himself what's true and can ignore the official facts.

cu

Andreas