Red Emperor and parts

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 20:06:53 +1200

Wesley Quadros:

>ML> >I was denying the number of parts as necessarily being 7.

>ME> Which makes him superior to the Goddess...

>Why?

Because Six Parts describe the knowable human or entity while the seventh represents the unknowable transcendent part. The Goddess's message was that she revealed people the Seventh Soul. Having eight or more parts is an absurdity in Pelorian metaphysics.

(I wouldn't normally be disturbed by this display of ignorance since I don't expect anybody to understand Pelorian metaphysics if they don't want to. _But_ when you and Martin are writing the book on the Lunar Empire, highhandedly dismiss certain statements on the basis of papal bulls from greg, and then reveal that you have a deeply flawed understanding of the same and fail to provide a coherent, groovy and tangible explanation of the RE's nature despite repeated proddings, then I have to wonder if you know what the fuck you are doing.)

>Yelm was only supposed to have three parts: the Highest Part
>(Vrimak), the Dominant Essense (Antirius) and the Lower Part
>(Bijif) [GRoY P.17].

>It would seem to me that fewer parts you have the closer to the One
>you are. If Yelm had remained properly pure then maybe he would not
>have fallen.

Humans normally have six or seven parts (depending on whether they are enlightened or not). Not having all that many parts makes you _incomplete_ according to standard Pelorian cosmology (cf the God's First Error p31) where men and gods reveal the six errors that can be committed (there's not enough information to show the relationship between parts and error).

Yelm is closer to the One than he has ever been before because of his Illumination and he still has Six Parts. To say that if he had remained properly pure he would not have fallen is like saying that if the Word had not become Flesh then it wouldn't have been crucified.

> > What is wrong with the proposition that the Takenegi portion
> > being the Rashoranic portion? It is simple, elegant and it
> > doesn't fuck around with the sources.

>Which sources?

I listed them in the previous post which you quote below, bozo.

>What is wrong with the proposition that the Takenigi
>portion isn't the RAshoranic portion?

Because it requires the TakenEgi portion to be knowable and not transcendent. That much should have been obvious perusing Greg's Wastepaper Basket.

> > >Actually thinking over your point here, he has 6 Yelmic parts and
> > >7 DH parts. They are different parts. Antirius is not in the
> > >Lunar parts and Gerra is not in the DH parts, so how many soul
> > >parts does he have IYO?

> > Yelmic parts _are_ Dara Happan parts. Get out a copy of the
> > RQ2 con bloody compendium (p84) and the Entekosiad (p112) and
> > compare!

>a) Martin appears to have made a typo here.

So what? Even if he meant to say lunar instead of DH, he is still bass-ackwards in thinking the Emperor has 13 parts. A moment's thought would have shown that this meant the Emperor has two shapes.

>b) Why is there blood on your compendium?

Ask M. Laurie to explain.

> > What is being suggested is that for the Red Emperor, he
> > has the Great Self portion as being TakenEgi. Since he
> > is an Emperor, his fire portion (Self Awareness) is
> > Antirius as are all Yelmic Emperors.

>This is not true.

You _do_ realize that you are contradicting the Fortunate Succession p64 where it says about the Red Emperor's Third Return:

         This rite of rejuvenation has mislead some people to
         believe that there has been more than one emperor since
         then and the foolish historians of Darjiin even insist
         on numbering them.  Yet none of us who truly know are
         fooled by outsiders, and we can easily see that the
         soul of Antirius has united the masks one and all.

Or do you simply not know what you are talking about?

> > You have stated that the Red Emperor is a Gestalt of Parts.
> > The appropriate creation myth for TakenEgi's making would
> > be the creation of Murharzarm in the Glorious ReAscent
> > with the Lunar Egi adding the collective sum of their
> > Rashoranic portions.

>You of course mean "an appropriate", seeing how this is IYO.

What other myth do you know of then?

>Which ritual were you referring to? The only ritual in GRoY that
>I can find dealing with creation of life is on p. 10 and deals
>with the first people.

That's the one.

>Murharzarm was created before this (one paragraph to be precise)
>as the first child of Yelm and Dendara.

Wrong. The myths are not in strict chronological order and can refer to the same event a number of times. To adopt your method of interpretation would require us to have Murharzarm to be killed twice (once in the myth of The Other and the other in The Disintegration of Yelm) amongst other silliness.

In the myth of the First People, it explicitly says that "you six shall be the first Aristocrats" and elsewhere indicates that they are male and female. Since we already know that Yelm has three sons, the identification of Murharzarm, Shargash and Buserian for the three male aristocrats follows.

>Unfortunately, this assumes that he is first DH and secondly
>RE. I think that this is wrong and that he is first RE.

One can't be an Emperor without being invested by Dara Happan rites.

>I don't even think he is an Antirian emperor (he can't be and
>still have orgies in the palace).

Have, by any chance, you ever heard of Illumination?

MOB:
>Hey Peter, I'm with you: I think I've still got a spare "Bugger
>Underling" card left over from my reign as Mathiman the Usurper
>in BC if you think it will help...

I find the Flame of Truth to be more...seemly.