Re: Red Emperor and parts

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 18:11:01 +0100 (BST)

Most of Peter's message I either agree wholeheartedly with, or will file under the heading of "flamage in the defence of Truth is a small vice", but I have to add one some quibblet:

> > > What is being suggested is that for the Red Emperor, he
> > > has the Great Self portion as being TakenEgi. Since he
> > > is an Emperor, his fire portion (Self Awareness) is
> > > Antirius as are all Yelmic Emperors.
>
> >This is not true.
>
> You _do_ realize that you are contradicting the Fortunate
> Succession p64 where it says about the Red Emperor's Third
> Return:
>
> This rite of rejuvenation has mislead some people to
> believe that there has been more than one emperor since
> then and the foolish historians of Darjiin even insist
> on numbering them. Yet none of us who truly know are
> fooled by outsiders, and we can easily see that the
> soul of Antirius has united the masks one and all.

I always understood this talking _only_ about the Masks (and 'Mask 0', TakenEgi Classic(TM)), not about previous 'pure Yelmic' emperors. I believe the position is that they always have at least _one_ soul part in common with Yelm, not always the same one.

If my recollection is faulty or incomplete, go easy with me. ;-) As far as I know this is largely by the by with respect to the continuity of the RE, per se, however.

Cheers,
Alex.