More on the Emperor (educating Martin)

From: David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 16:43:32 +0800

        Martin seems hopelessly confused, or maybe just hopelessly confusing, between the Red Emperor (the political status of Lunar ruler of the Empire) and the Red Emperor (the personage who occupies this role), or at least confused between the parts of the Emperor (the parts of Moonsons being), and the parts of his rule (the various roles he occupies as mythic and political ruler of the Lunar Empire).

>He is alone and is not of a race or a people or a spirit
>group, he is a singular demigod and as such cannot be measured by purely
>human standards, which seems to keep happening.

        I would have hoped that we had disabused you of this notion of the 6/7 divisionss of the soul being a purely human standard by now. Or is there some other standard you are objecting too?

>By having a human part of
>him so prevalent, I think that this misses out the alienness of the Emperor
>to his subjects and for _me_ this is NOT MGF at all.

        The Emperors Shape part at least is really rather human. Right number of arms, legs, all that.

	Cheers
		David