Re: One Nightmare Scenario

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_lhr-sys.dhl.com>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 14:53:25 +0100

The Glorantha Digest wrote:
> The Glorantha Digest Friday, May 5 2000 Volume 07 : Number 621
- -..
> Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 09:13:11 +0100
> From: "Nick Brooke" <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
- -..
> Here's a "nightmare scenario"

- -..
> Argenteus dies, and there's an interregnum.
- -..
> At the end of a seemingly-normal interregnum...the Egi hold their final ritual to reintegrate Moonson. And
> *almost* everything goes perfectly.

- -..
> "Moonson" is re-created, but has only *Six* Parts (or, he has a new Seventh
> Part -- doesn't matter which for discussion purposes). Previously,
> Takenegi's Seventh Soul has dominated his character. Now, it's not there.
> Instead, the dominant part is his Antirius Soul: divine, Dara Happan,
> archaic, patriarchal, and not remotely Lunar.
- -..

The Dara Happan Emperor IS Yelm, in some sense. And this mightmare scenario would be, in some sense, a return of Yelm. Now, the LBQ makes Yelm return, and we know were the best re-enactors of the LBQ live. So perhaps your nightmare scenario could result from deliberate Heroquesting interference by Sartarite HQers. Argrath? Kallyr? Your PCs? Characters (which includes Argrath and Kallyr) who have been in the Holy Country could have learnt about what happened to the Pharaoh, and decided to turn the Lunar's trick back on them.

This enables PCs to become involved in something that would otherwise be mere 'geography'.

And what would the Dara Happans do if they found out that their Emperor had been returned by a women (Kallyr). Or possessed a women's Snake part (!).