RE Debate

From: Paul Anderson <pmanderson_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 12:56:53 PDT

Graham Robinson said:
>The debate itself needs to be brought to a satisfactory end. Martin >has
>said he intended to use the debate to clarify the model that >would be
>published. I therefore suggest Martin needs to write up a >short note on
>what his current thinking is, so that those who care can address the
>major changes that may need made. It may be wishful thinking, but if
>Martin can produce a summary (after some iterations) that most of us >can
>live with, and a set of arguments that support this model, there >may be
>some benefit comes from the argument.

Permit me to bend one of the Digest rules by agreeing with this suggestion wholeheartedly. I am a lurker on the Digest, and found the RE debate important, but too long and too acrimonious to read - and too much storage to save. If Martin does not want to extend the debate by doing this on the Daily, I would like to hear privately.

Paul MacLean Anderson
pmanderson_at_hotmail.com
"I'm not making this up, you know!"