HW in the UK

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 21:42:46 +0100

>Hi All
>Starter for ten...Is it worth me trying to track down some store to
>order HW in the UK?

Yes, since supporting the hobby in the UK can only be "A Good Thing" (tm). It helps shops survive, and tells the shops that we are interested in HW. If the shops exist and stock the material then there is the opportunity for new customers to discover it!

>Can anyone tell me if they know of any distributors in the UK that will
>be stocking it?

I believe Esvedium are (one of) the distributors handling it in the UK. Leisure Games in Finchley have it listed on their website in this weeks new releases http://www.leisuregames.com/new_releases/1_new_releases.htm and I know Wayland's Forge in Birmingham has several copies on order (including mine...) http://users.powernet.co.uk/wayland/forge/index.htm

Both of these shops offer mail-order if you are in some other part of the country and don't have a local shop.

>Supplementary questions five points each...Should I order from Wizards
>attic direct?

You could do, but ordering from a UK Supplier should be quicker and easier, and won't have the "will they/won't they" charge VAT/Duty that ordering from the US does. (From what I have been told recently this is a bit of a lottery these days with shops being charged VAT from one distributor but not another on some games...)

>Has anyone in the UK done this, and how long did it take?

Not for HeroWars. I bought a French "Nomad Gods" from them a few years ago, I don't recall the turnaround time though I'm afraid.