Gloranthan Everway

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 22:46:19 +0100

In message <200005241449.HAA26705_at_chaosium.com>, The Glorantha Digest <owner-glorantha-digest_at_chaosium.com> writes
>Michael, how do you mean the Lunars were included in the suits?
>Surely you used Storm-Air/Sky-Fire/Earth/Sea/Darkness ?? Or was it that each
>suit had a card from each pantheon (now I'm getting confused)?

No I used Storm, Fire, Earth, Sea, Darkness, Moon and I can't count.....

>While I recognise that various of these suits might be excluded by different
>peoples, I wanted the *most* generic (within Glorantha) set I could find.
>Your deck actually sounds more like a SAGA deck....how were the suit-cards
>numbered? Did they have unique illustrations and characteristic flaws and
>virtues or was that only the trumps?

I dunno about SAGA. I used seven gods from each pantheon rated from seven down to one. Each reflected the power of his pantheon intervening in the Quest and also his/her personal concerns. So (if I remember right) Etyries was both a three point Lunar power and Trade. I did vary the number of cards from each suit depending on where the quest was in the Otherworld.