Re: Kralori Emperor

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 00:34:17 +0200

Keith:

> This humble scholar wishes to let a question pass his lips so that his
> foolishness may be erased with regards the genesis of a new Dragon Emperor.
> Put simply, how is the new Dragon Emperor identified? Not that this unwise
> irritant would wish to stir up a debate like the one concerning the barbarous
> crimson tyrant near the edges of the world. There was a documented search for
> Godunya, is this normal procedure? How was he recognised?

Alex:

>One hesitates to say what's 'normal', given just how infrequently
>this actually happens. I reckon the the 'nominal' procedure assumes
>that the emperor about to pass Onward is around to effect a more
>'orderly' transition

Let's look at the examples:

If Kralorelan early myth follows the Vithelan somewhat, it seems likely that TarnGatHa stepped back and appointed HeenMaroun, likewise HeenMaroun to Metsyla.

Metsyla did't leav the office orderly, so there may have been some trouble there. Daruda is mentioned once as a princely son of Shavaya, but his myth makes it likely that the transfer of power wasn't straightforward and easy.

Yanoor and Shang-Hsa didn't leave in the orderly fashion, as well known. The ones between Daruda and Yanoor, who knows?

>It's an 'office', rather than
>a 'person', as Sandy might have said

So, can anyone who has realized his dragon nature fulfil the office? Can there be more than one realized dragon in Kralorela at the time?

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com