RE: "Churning material"

From: Steve Barnes <sbarnes_at_syndeocorp.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 16:01:38 -0700

From: "Oliver Bernuetz" <oliver_bernuetz_at_hotmail.com>

>No offense to Rick and crew but a reprint of old RQ3 materials doesn't
>interest me because it isn't HW, it's RQ3 and the conversion between the
two
>is a heck of a lot of work. (I know because I'm in the process of
>converting Balazar into HW for my own campaign, and it ain't that easy!)

To put my grognard-spin on things, I find that I always have to reinterpret published gaming material anyway, due to differences in power level, or due to house rules.

E.g. anything using RQ3 sorcery was IMO broken, and many supplements were either for low level initiates, or contained silly monstrosities like Cwim with 3000% attacks.

So what I am saying is: I don't give a rats ass about a HW Prax pack; a RQ reprint is good enough for me. I want to see new material.

Since I haven't found HW at my local gaming emporium, I don't know how much I'll want to alter the rules...