Re: Alex on Prax

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 20:49:24 +0100 (BST)

Daniel Fahey:
> I sure don't want even more reprints. I'm thinking of new material.

And as I said before, if you want to publish something for the Hero Wars line (in some sense, at least), which is meaningful to new players (an argument I see touted now and then), then it's going to be tricky to do this without covering ground that's already seen print. Obviously it wouldn't be a reprint, as there's conversion to HW, and much useful re-org that can sensibly be done, but I don't see how one can consistently aim to publish _anything_ much on Prax that's 'all-new' and 'for new players'.

> You simply don't have much interest in Prax and so don't
> understand others who do.

Yeah Daniel, that must be it, right? Obviously I'd never play in or run any Prax tabletop games, or board games, or PBEMs, or buy every single supplement that ever came out about the place... (Nope, I tell a lie, missing Borderlands.) I refer you to the arguments I _actually_ made about the relative merits of 're-exploring' (thank you, Dr Mark...) Prax, as opposed to inferences you may be tempted to make about my motivations about doing so, which on present form are somewhat wide of the mark (and annoying, to boot).

> But why be content with only one fantasy world when there are so many?

That's what I ask myself, when I see the protests of some people who seem positively _outraged_ that other, barely covered areas of Glorantha might see HW print before Prax gets its traditional Buggin's Turn.

Slán leat,
Alex.