Re: Omniplants

From: Andrew Raphael <raphael_at_research.canon.com.au>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 11:25:05 +1000 (EST)

Master Gollum <MasterGollum_at_yahoo.com> writes:

>Why all tools used by aldryanis have to have vegetal grown origen?
>They don't know as work primary materials?

It's the Maker (boo! hiss!) versus Grower (bis! bis!) conflict. The Aldryami love Grower and hate Maker. So the Aldryami grow things. Made things upset them. They prefer corn ears to corn chips. ;-)

>Andrew:
>>No, they just put down roots and become small trees for the winter.
>This is an official version or your glorantha version of brown elves?

I extrapolate from the response of Aldryami infected by Skinbark disease in the Malia section of Lords Of Terror. In the later stages, the Aldryami put down roots and become sessile to sustain themselves.

Therefore, Brown Aldryami put down roots and become sessile during their winter dormancy. They join their fellow deciduous trees in hibernation.

I suspect that if you capture any Earth-dwelling Aldryami and deprive it of nourishment it will put down roots and become sessile. Someone might write this up like the nutrition experiment in Trollpak.