Re: shamans and mystics

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 17:45:48 +0100 (BST)

David Cake:
> Alex wrote:
> >the line between shamanism and mysticism is a
> >a fine one, and Greg seems to feel much the same, on some evidence
> >at least. (The line (if any) between manifest mysticism and esoteric
> >animism, specifically.)

> And therein lies a tale of any number of convoluted off list
> arguments, hey Alex?

Not really, no. Or at least, not that any of the any number of convoluted off list arguments have actually advanced any. It's one thing to say they can shade into each other, another to believe they're the same thing (as Greg on bad days seems to think).

>	I believe, for example, that all this stuff about Storm Bull

> being special because of the Eternal Battle falls more in the
> category of dodgy Retcon to support the official truth rather than
> deep Gloranthan secret.

Loud agreement. Let's get Greg drunk at Convulsion and get him to admit it. Not necessarily in that order, even.

Cheers,
Alex.