Mostali keywords

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 22:40:26 +0300

: Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 16:01:25 +0100
: From: richc_at_sypte.co.uk
: Subject: Dwarf keywords

: I've been working on a set of Dwarf keywords for Hero Wars. They are
: full of gaps not least because I'm finding it difficult to get my head
: round the interaction of the HW sorcery and character generation rules
: with Mostali culture.

: Here's what I've got so far. Comments anyone?

: Richard Crawley

<snip>

From the Hero Wars description of an Iron Dwarf I gather that Greg has started thinking that dwarves have magic again.

A few years back at the previous(?) Convulsion I talked to him at length of this, and if I recall also asked some questions about it at the lore auction.

At that time it seemed that Greg had decided mostali don't have any direct control over magical forces, and that all mostali magic comes in the form of mechanical and pseudomechanical devices.

I enquired about the minds and "souls" of dwarfs, and asked if dwarfs are magically similar to the description of the Jolanti. Having high resistance against magic, but having rather vulnerable regid minds behind it. (like having a soft easy target for enemy spells, but one that is behind a hard cover and somewhat hard to locate).

Hmm... I seem to be missing my roll on my "make sense in foreign language" and "explane vague magical insight" so let's leave this here for now.

Anyway. I suppose I'm quite glad that the mostali still have their sorcery. (Though there is a certain attraction in having the mostali an entirely nonmagical, technological species)

  ---

Oh, another thing. Am I understanding it correctly that these days all theist worship must be accompanied by sacrifice?

I've always pictured that the important thing is sacrificing power to the gods and goddesses. I suppose I'll play it so that the sacrifice opens the channell for the devotion and power flows through. Of course sacrifices of living creatures are valuable in themselves, but how does a god grow stronger when you dump silver into the sea? Then again, everything has a spirit in Glorantha.

yours,

        -Adept

"thinker, dreamer and adventurer"