High gods

From: David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 20:59:25 -0400

Peter Metcalfe wrote about High Deities
>These divinities
>can be worshipped but any magic gained from them is weak and
>their chief blessing is transcendental consciousness.

        I think it might be, to some extent, that High Deities are intended to work in the way that mysticism is intended to work (modulo dubious rules), except possibly even more so - generally poor magic, hard to obtain, but in the hands of the truly proficient it can be very powerful. A difficult path, but one that can be ultimately rewarding.

        This ultimate reward may take the form of what some might call abuse of the High Gods Secret.

        They do seem to get (if much the same as great gods) at least flexible, if low powered (due to big improv penalties) magic, which acts a bit that way - crappy at low levels, pretty good to have at high levels.

        Whether they are actually mystic or just very much like it I don't think is that important - but then, I want to blur the boundaries between the various types of magic, not enforce them strictly as is the current fashion, so YMMV.

	Cheers
		David