To whom Belintar's Book may concern.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 02:11:21 +0100 (BST)

David Dunham:
> Perhaps the Harshax of KoS *is* the Pharaoh, come back. (This is
> alluded to in the drafts of Belintar's Book I've seen -- he expects
> to be gone for a while and is writing to his future self, if I recall
> correctly.)

My recollection is wobbling a bit too, but isn't this part of his _normal_ reincarnation routine? Sort of a case of, "If you are reading this, you may already have won the Tournament of Luck and Death! Congratulations! Open the flyleaf to discover your prize-draw numbers."

If I'm wrong, there's an excellent book by one G. Wolfe with very much that device, so perhaps this post will not have been entirely in vain...

Slàn,
Alex.