Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #701

From: David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 21:21:04 -0400

> > So, can anyone who has realized his dragon nature fulfil
> > the office? Can there be more than one realized dragon in
> > Kralorela at the time?

        I think you can have more than one realised dragon in Kralorela the land, but only one realised dragon that is truly connected to Kralorela in the way the Emperor is.

        The important thing about the Emperor is not just that he has become a dragon and thus transcended the world, but that through him the whole people of the land can transcend this world as well. The connection between the Emperor and Kralorela is fairly deep.

>But if he server a purpose in the greater scheme, that would
>mean acknowledging there _is_ a greater scheme, a real and
>important world outside the mystic...

        The Darudists appear to have compassion. In this, they differ from many orthodox mystics, who care only about their own mystic path.

        (RW compare lesser vehicle, great vehicle buddhism)

On another note
>Do Gloranthan Dwarves ever become Trollslayers, ala Warhammer?

Only ones that have watched too much of the Young Ones at an impressionable age.

	Cheers
		David