Re: Illustrations

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 16:10:37 EDT

Mikko Rintasaari:

<< You guys are so crazy! The illustrations in Hero Wars were horrible crap,>>

     I wouldn't go that far, but they don't have any Gloranthan atmosphere, which is rather a key point, IMO :-(

<< Glorantha book did a lot better luckily. >>

    Anaxial's Record uses the same primary artist, you'll be pleased to hear. I'm told that most of its really good, but I haven't seen it myself yet (except the cover)...

<<Though once again we get to see how nobody bothers to inform the artist on
details (incompetent fools). Or does somebody want to tell me why the dragonewt "Planner of Mayhem" is right handed and uses a shield. I mean really!!! >>

    There's only so much information you can put in the artists' brief, but in that instance its a pity nobody spotted it and at least reversed the picture (easy enough with modern technology, I'd assume). We're trying to avoid this sort of thing in AR, and even had to scrap one picture where the artist's brief hadn't been detailed enough for her to get the thing right. But there is only so much you can do...

<<I'm happy that HW is out and seems to be selling well. And the Glorantha
book really rocks!>>

     Yes indeedy. Never mind HW, *this* is what we were really waiting for!

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky