Retconning the future....

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 18:29:14 +0100

Trotsky says:
><< 1. Apparently, the Red Moon is going to be destroyed?
> Its not destroyed for a long time (though not quite as long as KoS
>would suggest, I gather), so for the time being no supplement will deal with
>this period of history. Its also unclear just what effect the destruction of
>the Moon has; clearly the Empire falls, but we also know that the religion
>survives in some form.

And then Jonas says:

>The true date for the fall of the moon (which I hope isn't supposed to be
>a big secret) is ca. 1655. This leaves you lot of time for a long
>campaign.

What? What? What? Why????? When did this happen? Is this some subtle chronological joke that I missed in KoS or is it some more recent bit of retcon? Mutter bloody mutter....

And is the 'revised official history' generally available?

And then Peter Metcalfe says:

>The Red Moon disappears at the end of the Hero Wars, so the
>Lunars will be around for a while yet. They'll also be around
>for a long time after this but since few are interested in
>playing in fourth age glorantha, this doesn't really matter.

They are? Oy! Where does this come from? Sources people please!

Nick Brooke unsurprisingly asserts:
>(In essence: the physical destruction of the Red Moon is all part of the
>Plan. Don't worry about it! The transcendent Lunar Way will not only survive
>this assault -- it even *planned* for it to happen).

And events always happen according to the Schedule. It's just that you are not authorised to see all of the Schedule, work unit.