Re: Retconning the future....

From: Philip.Hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 08:57:09 +0100

>>The true date for the fall of the moon (which I hope isn't supposed
>>to be a big secret) is ca. 1655. This leaves you lot of time for a
>>long campaign.

>What? What? What? Why????? When did this happen? Is this some subtle
>chronological joke that I missed in KoS or is it some more recent bit
>of retcon?

The historical account presented in King of Sartar is incorrect, simple as that. This sort of thing happens with historical accounts, they're sometimes wrong. Some events which are described as being sequential in KoS are actually concurrent.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.