Re: Retconning the Future

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:10:09 EDT

Michael Cule:

<< Trotsky says:
><< 1. Apparently, the Red Moon is going to be destroyed?
> Its not destroyed for a long time (though not quite as long as KoS
would suggest, I gather), [snip]

 And then Jonas says:

>The true date for the fall of the moon (which I hope isn't supposed to be a
big secret) is ca. 1655. [snip]

 What? What? What? Why????? When did this happen? Is this some subtle chronological joke that I missed in KoS or is it some more recent bit of retcon? Mutter bloody mutter....>>

     I have no idea whether its something you're meant to work out from KoS (although I assume its no surprise that the timelines in that are wrong on a number of key points, what with some of the kings on the Zin List ruling simultaneously, and so forth). So whether its actually a retcon or something that was theoretically known all along I couldn't say.

<< And is the 'revised official history' generally available? >>

     Its on the GTA website, I think. Activate your Secret Decoder Ring now...
     For non-GTA members, I suspect that Greg will probably discuss it at
Convulsion if people prod him or offer up a quid at the Lore Auction.

<< >The Red Moon disappears at the end of the Hero Wars, so the
>Lunars will be around for a while yet. They'll also be around
>for a long time after this [snip]

 They are? Oy! Where does this come from? Sources people please! >>

     Well, that's reasonably clear from KoS, I thought. See Nick Brooke's interpretation of events for some specific pointers. Essentially, the Empire falls, but the Lunar Way does not.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky