Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #723

From: Graham J Robinson <gjr_at_dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:50:48 +0100 (BST)

Alex speaketh :

>> And then Peter Metcalfe says:
>>
>> >The Red Moon disappears at the end of the Hero Wars, so the
>> >Lunars will be around for a while yet. They'll also be around
>> >for a long time after this but since few are interested in
>> >playing in fourth age glorantha, this doesn't really matter.
>>
>> They are? Oy! Where does this come from? Sources people please!
>
>I don't think this is even Crypto-Official. It's more like, something
>that been hinted at by Greg, expounded upon by Nick et al, as the
>'alternate take' to the conclusion that KoS is simply The End of Them.
>I think everyone agrees that the Lunars _as we know them_ aren't in such
>great shape, rather some outcome which can be construed as 'achieving a
>lunar cosmos' happens. Allegedly.

Greg's address at this year's Tentacles. Mr Stafford tells long, somewhat rambling story about the moon goddess's fall from on high and gradual attempt to regain her pure (white) form. He ended with the comment that the Lunar Empire was the second last step on this road, and after its fall she would achieve purity, as prophesised by the white moonies all along. David Scott (I think) asked "So Argrath is a Lunar plot?" Greg replied "Yes."

Of course, feel free to take this with a sizeable helping of salt...

Cheers,
Graham

"Some men rob you with a six gun - others with a fountain pen."

        Woody Guthrie

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #726