Re: Who designed the runes?

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 13:57:29 EDT

Simon Hibbs:

<< Thus we have always known, from the early days of RQ, that there were many more magical symbols used in Glorantha than the God Learner runes. What I do not know is where all these new runes come from. Are they variations on the GL runes? Are they collections of runes taken from different cultures? It would be nice to know.>>

     They appear to be primarily the latter, as many of the runes used to decorate the books are from the culture specific rune fonts, such as Malkioni font and Vithela font. The runes in the Core Rune font are presumably the GL ones, and include a few that are 'new' since RQ.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #744