Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #749

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_hem.utfors.se>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:25:25 +0200

Oliver Bernuetz:

>My thoughts on the reason why Barbarian Town is where it are as follows :
>
>1) I suspect that the Sounder River is probably polluted with chaos or at
>least infested with chaotic lifeforms due to it's running into the Devil's
>Marsh.

You mean chaos flows upstream? Coul be, but I doubt it. Especially considering the marshes - the chaos would actually be running _both_ ways.

>2) Working from this assumption I suspect that Barbarian Town has a good
>year-round source of clean water to drink.

It probably does, but for the simpler reason that a community out in the middle of nowhere needs a well...

>3) It's about halfway between Swenstown and Knight Fort so it's not a bad
>trading spot.

Completely agree on this one.

Peter Metcalfe

>There are two Amber clans and one clan each for the Potor and Ansil,
>making a total of four non-Pol Joni bastard clans.

Right, and the Pol-Joni turn up with three clans, so either they're bigger than the other bastard tribes or they have closer ties to Sartar, or both.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg