Aldryami Ancestors

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_pheasnt.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 18:25:54 +0100

I was just reading Elder Secrets and came across an oddity. In there it is said that all Aldryami worship Aldrya [check] but some worship other gods/traditions as well. One of the prominent traditions is 'Ancestor Worship'.

Opinions? These days Aldrya seems to have an awful lot of Ancestor Worship about 'her', and the shamaic aspect was always part of how Aldrya was worshipped, but I'm finding myself greatly doubting the concept of Aldryami ancestors in the first place.

Do Aldryami have ancestors? Can they trace individual 'saplines' back to the First Council and the Dawn? Elder secrets puts forwards 250ish as a reasonable bet for an Aldryami lifespan, which suggests that some will have pretty potent ancestors, IF they have the concept. I don't think it feels right. It's too tied into families, and the idea of a mummy elf and a daddy elf who love each other very much smacks of Tolkien.

Hero Wars Resources, fonts, breifings, cults soon http://www.pheasnt.demon.co.uk/HeroWars/HeroWars.html